- Salary: To be discussed commensurate with experience
- Work Hours: 37.5/week
- Employment Duration: Contractual position 6 months, possibility of permanence
- Date Published: July 28, 2017
- Application Closing Date: 11 August, 2017
- Location: Montreal
Known for its leadership in the geomatics sector, Effigis has been offering innovative geospatial solutions since 1991. Earth observation services, infrastructure inventory, telecommunications network monitoring, GNSS software, and geological studies: we offer our clients a one-stop shop for all their geo-information needs.
We are also a first-rate employer and we focus on our employees’ development and well-being. The company is supported by a multidisciplinary team of over 170 seasoned professionals and technicians. Talents and passion among our geomatics specialists, engineers, programmers, surveyors, geographers and geologists are the key to Effigis’ success.
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator—Earth Observation, the geomatics technician shall be assigned to geomatics projects, primarily in the area of photogrammetry, but also to all projects involving the use of satellite imaging.
Position to be filled as soon as possible.
- Entering stereoscopic information to produce field elevation models (DEM), topographical data and thematic information
- Producing and manipulating elevation data
- Editing, structuring and classifying data
- Orthorectifying and processing satellite images
- Participating in quality control
2 years in the field of Photogrammetry
DCS in Geomatics (mapping or geodesy) or equivalent
- Excellent stereoscopic vision
- Experience in the stereoscopic entry of topographical elements
- Knowledge of Socet Set and Summit Evolution photogrammetric software an asset
- Knowledge of Micro Station, ArcGIS and PCI Geomatica software an asset
Excellent teamwork skills
Effigis offers permanent employees a range of benefits:
- Work-family balance, in particular flex hours
- Group insurance (life-insurance, salary, health and dental)
- Training program
- “Health” program with partial reimbursement for physical activities
- Paid days during the holiday season
- Espresso bar
- Easy access to public transportation (Préfontaine Metro line, Bus 25)
- Near the site: a fitness centre, sports fields, restaurants, spa and many other services
- Dynamic and professional team.