- Salary: To be discussed, based on experience
- Employment Duration: Permanent ‑ full time
- Date Published: September 13, 2021
- Location: Montreal
Known for its leadership in the geomatics sector, Effigis has been offering innovative geospatial solutions since 1991. Earth observation services, infrastructure inventory, GNSS satellite positioning software and geological studies: we offer our clients a one-stop shop for all their geoinformation needs.
We are a first-rate employer and we focus on our employees’ development and well-being. A multidisciplinary team of over 200 professionals and seasoned technicians form the backbone of our company. The talent and passion found in our geomaticians, engineers, computer programmers, land surveyors, geographers and geologists are the key to Effigis’ success.
Over the last twenty years, our company has been particularly active among Québec’s major public services and telecommunications companies.
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Conceptualize designs to upgrade and replace overhead structures (wooden poles)
- Carry out load calculations with the SimPAS software
- Sign and seal civil engineering documents (UDS matrix, 2204 form [ESA ON], etc.)
- Determine which paths are the most efficient and profitable for installation via georeferenced surveys of networks.
- Coordinate and supervise the daily activities of the technical staff
- Implement and ensure the updating of processes.
- Two to five years of relevant experience
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec
- Familiar with UDS matrix production
- Master the SimPAS software
- Knowledge of all norms for the design, installation, and verification of overhead structures
- Demonstrate good organization skills
- Good communication skills
- Good teamwork skills
- Valid driver’s licence
- Experience with or knowledge of geomatics
- Work-family balance, with flexible hours;
- Group insurance (life, salary, health care and dental insurances);
- Training program;
- Partial reimbursement of physical activity classes;
- Paid leave in the Holiday Season;
- Coffee bar;
- Dynamic, professional team;
- Easy access to public transportation (Préfontaine metro station, bus line 25);
- Indoor and outdoor bicycle parking; showers
- On site: fitness center, sports fields, restaurants, spa and many other services.