- Salary: To be discussed
- Work Hours: Full time
- Employment Duration: Permanent
- Date Published: September 13, 2019
- Location: Montreal
Known for its leadership in the field of geomatics, Effigis has been offering innovative geospatial data-driven solutions since 1991 in Earth observation services, infrastructure inventory, telecommunications network monitoring, GNSS software, and geological studies. We offer our customers a one-stop shop for all their geoformation needs.
We serve numerous markets, including telecommunications, energy, aerospace, mining, oil and gas, engineering, forestry, and agriculture. We draw from a vast selection of geospatial data collection tools to provide services ranging from satellite image analysis to the development of custom solutions supporting mapping, monitoring, and asset management.
We are also a first-rate employer and we focus on employee development and well-being. The company is supported by a multidisciplinary team of over 170 professionals and technicians, whose talent and passion are key to our success.
The Earth Observation Department, whose mission is to be a Canadian leader recognized worldwide in Earth observation data exploitation to generate geospatial information supporting operational needs, is looking for a dynamic person to fill the position of Director, Sales and Business Development. The incumbent will report directly to the Vice-President – Earth Observation and will be responsible for generating a significant portion of Department’s sales. Your responsibilities will be to:
- Plan, organize, manage, monitor and evaluate the Department’s business development activities and the services we offer;
- Devise strategies and take the necessary actions required to implement the Department’s annual strategic plan;
- Analyze customers’ needs and supervise the preparation of bids and proposals, including negotiations with clients;
- Ensure customer satisfaction and customer service;
- Manage the satellite image sales desk and its staff;
- Guide and coordinate marketing activities in collaboration with the Vice-President, including selecting and taking part to various conventions;
- Maintain relationships with satellite images suppliers and negotiate reseller agreements;
- Work closely with the Vice-President – Earth Observation to plan short to long-term sales and business development activities of the Department, including budgeting;
- Assess your employees' performance and achievements;
- Coordinate sales and business development processes in SAP (opportunities, offers, etc);
- Guide the Department’s technological roadmap in support of developing innovative offers to our customers ;
- Ensures relevant ISO 9001 organizational standards are met.
More than five years of sales and business development experience, preferably in markets served by the Earth Observation Department, such as energy, mining, oil and gas, engineering, forestry, and agriculture or geomatics and remote sensing.
- Bachelor degree in administration, geomatics or another related field;
- Training in sales and business development, an asset.
You will be the ideal candidate if:
- You have a good command of spoken and written English and French;
- You are capable of developing sales strategies and a business development plan;
- You are a quick learner and a team player;
- You are efficient at managing several priorities;
- You have a very dynamic personality;
- You have a well-developed network in the mining, energy and natural resources sectors, as well as at the different levels of the Canadian governments (federal, provincial, or municipal).
- Work-family balance with flexible hours;
- Group insurance (life, salary, health care and dental);
- Training program;
- Partial reimbursement of physical activity classes;
- Paid leave in the Holiday Season;
- Coffee bar;
- Dynamic, professional team;
- Easy access to public transportation (Préfontaine metro station, bus line 25);
- On site: fitness center, sports fields, restaurants, spa and many other services.