- Salary: According to experience
- Employment Duration: Permanent, full time
- Date Published: December 1, 2021
- Location: Montréal
Known for its leadership in the field of geomatics, Effigis has been offering innovative geospatial data-driven solutions since 1991. Earth observation services, infrastructure inventory, telecommunications network monitoring, GNSS software, and geological studies: we offer our clients a one-stop shop for all their geoinformation needs.
We are also a first-rate employer and we focus on our employees’ development and well-being. The company is supported by a multidisciplinary team of more than 170 seasoned professionals and technicians. GIS Specialists, Engineers, Programmers, Agronomists, Geographers, Geologists, Technicians and Surveyors: their talent and passion are the key to Effigis’ success.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of geographic information systems (GIS) and products such as ESRI, Quantum GIS, MapInfo, Autodesk, etc. He or she must also be familiar with the use of primary ETL systems, including FME, GDAL, etc. The candidate will be tasked with maintaining, optimizing, analyzing and developing in-house tools for toolboxes in Python, VBA or other languages based on the team’s current and future needs. She or he will be required to interact with database management systems such as MS Access, SQLite, SQL Server and PostgreSQL. The candidate must manipulate data in a variety of formats and standardize and convert them for distribution to internal or external users. The candidate will be required to install and configure specialized software for computers or tablets. He or she must be versatile, possess strong communication skills (oral/written), be well organized, demonstrate an ability to set and follow procedures and have a good overall knowledge of information technology. The candidate must demonstrate a capacity for learning and independent work. She or she must be dynamic, display a strong aptitude for teamwork and a broad perspective, coupled with keen attention to detail.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with ArcGIS and QGIS software
- Independence, rigour, cooperation, flexibility
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Bachelor of Science in geomatics or equivalent
- Experience with ArcGIS Server
- Experience with FME
- Development experience with C#, HTML, iOS
- Experience with GPS equipment
- Experience with distribution or telecommunications systems
- Experience with Lidar data
- Bilingualism in French and English
- Work-family balance, with flexible hours;
- Group insurance (life, salary, health care and dental insurances);
- Training program;
- Partial reimbursement of physical activity classes;
- Paid leave in the Holiday Season;
- Coffee bar;
- Dynamic, professional team;
- Easy access to public transportation (Préfontaine metro station, bus line 25);
- Indoor and outdoor bicycle parking; showers
- On site: fitness center, sports fields, restaurants, spa and many other services.