- Salary: To be discussed, according to experience
- Employment Duration: Permanent, full time
- Date Published: September 3, 2021
- Location: Montreal
Known for its leadership in the geomatics sector, Effigis has been offering innovative geospatial solutions since 1991. Earth observation services, infrastructure inventory, GNSS satellite positioning software and geological studies: we offer our clients a one‑stop shop for all their geoinformation needs.
We are a first-rate employer and we focus on the development and the well-being of our employees. A multidisciplinary team of over 200 professionals and seasoned technicians form the backbone of our company. The talent and passion found in our geomaticians, engineers, computer programmers, land surveyors, geographers and geologists are the key to Effigis’ success.
Under the supervision of the Product Director, you are responsible for the implementation and execution of test plans in an effort to ensure the continued quality of Cloud GIS software products. At the same time, you will be responsible for providing technical support to our customers. Your responsibilities will be the following: Perform testing in the office and in the field during all seasons. Participate in the weekly operational planning of QA and testing activities. Write test plans based on new features developed and/or modified. Write internal test reports and blog posts for OnPOZCloud product customers. Program and execute automation procedures for software testing and updates. Install and configure software on mobile devices (IOS, Android, Windows, Windows Mobile). Clearly document issues found during testing. Ensure quality during the execution of final test procedures and during the Beta deployment phases at the customer's site. Participate in the continuous improvement of testing and quality assurance procedures. Provide occasional internal and customer technical support for OnPOZCloud products.
2 to 5 years of relevant experience (practical experience in geomatics and/or land surveying and GNSS technology).
College level diploma (Diplôme collégial [DEC]) in geomatics, geodesy or equivalent studies.
- Have a good knowledge of the main software tools of the geomatics industry (ESRI environment, QGIS, AutoCad, etc.) Possess programming skills; Have a good knowledge of geospatial databases Be familiar with Cloud concepts; Be familiar with IOS, Android and Windows platforms Have a good understanding of GNSS positioning concepts Have a good knowledge of map projections Understand the basic concepts of geodesy Master the principles and techniques of quality assurance; Ability to configure computers and GNSS equipment is an important asset.
- Innate sense of organization
- Very good communication skills (oral and written) in French and English
- Ease of contact with clients
Effigis offers its permanent employees a range of benefits:
- Work‑family balance
- Group Insurance (life, salary and dental insurance)
- “Health” program with partial reimbursement of physical activities
- Paid vacation during the holiday season
- Easy access to public transportation (Préfontaine metro station, bus line 25)
- Nearby: gym, spa, sports fields, restaurants and many other services
- Dynamic and professional team