- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Employment Duration: Full-Time Seasonal – July to December 2022, April to November 2023 subsequently
- Date Published: July 21, 2022
- Location: Surrey area and various locations in BC and Alberta
We are looking for an outdoor-oriented, enthusiastic, team player with attention to detail to join our team.
This job is outdoors, physically demanding and an excellent choice for a person who wants to work in different parts of the province. Our office is in Kimberley BC, but we work all over British Columbia. Our present contract is located in Surrey area. This work includes overtime and employees are provided a living out allowance.
About HMI – an Effigis Company
HMI is an asset management and power line design & engineering company. We are a community-focused, team‐oriented company with exciting opportunities in our future. We operate in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Our mission is to develop and supply services that promote safety, add value, and inspire creative solutions that surpass the expectations of our clients.
To extend the life and integrity of utility poles by identifying and treating for damage, wear, and erosion.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform inspection of wood utility poles on power distribution and transmission electrical systems.
- Comprehensive visual inspection of each utility pole/structure.
- Hands-on wood pole inspection including digging, sounding, drilling, measuring, and treating using a variety of hand tools (such as shovels, hammers, drills, etc.)
- Recording the collected data on a computer device (laptop/tablet/phone).
- Travelling to and working in a variety of settings, from urban to remote, using trucks, 4×4, and side-by-side vehicles.
- Following the guidelines and instructions from your supervisors and/or managers.
- Identify safety hazards and work safely at all times.
- Be in good physical shape and work outdoors; able to walk/hike several kilometres per day possibly in rough terrain, hand dig large holes in a variety of substrates (including very rough/rocky terrain).
- Be able to follow all safety, environmental, work quality, and production protocols.
- Be capable of working away from home for extended periods and possibly working alone.
- Use and understand a laptop (or handheld) computer.
- Read, follow, understand, and navigate with maps.
- Use hand tools (such as a hammer and shovel) and small power tools (such as a drill) safely.
- As driving a company vehicle is a requirement of the job, a minimum of a class 5 Drivers
License and driver’s abstract will be requested.
All employees will be expected to act in capacities beyond their formal job description.
We are a safety-oriented company and follow all current health guidelines.
To learn more, please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@hm-inc.ca.
About Effigis Geo-Solutions
Effigis Geo-Solutions (Effigis), a leader in the Canadian geospatial industry, employs more than 200 people. We specialize in large infrastructure inventories, geospatial databases, and aerial and underground network inspection. Effigis multidisciplinary personnel are primarily made up of GIS specialists, IT specialists, engineers, professional land surveyors, geographers, cartographers, geologists, powerline specialists and project managers. We have offices in Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto and Kimberley, BC.