- Date Published: March 1, 2023
- Location: various locations in BC
Seasonal Test and Treat Applicator – Utility Pole Inspector
We are looking for an outdoor-oriented, enthusiastic, team player with attention to detail to join our team.
Our Awesome client is looking for an outdoor-oriented, enthusiastic, team player with attention to detail to join their team. This job is outdoors, physically demanding, and an excellent choice for the person who loves to work hard in the summer and play hard in the winter. Their office is in Kimberley, BC., but most of the work is located across Vancouver, so if you live in this areas, this may be the job for you!
This work includes overtime and employees are provided a living out allowance.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to move from a seasonal position to a permanent position that will allow for creating a career design.
Experience is not necessary but is definitely an asset.
To extend the life and integrity of utility poles by identifying and treating for damage, wear, and erosion.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform inspection of wood utility poles on power distribution and transmission electrical systems.
- Comprehensive visual inspection of each utility pole/structure.
- Hands-on wood pole inspection including digging, sounding, drilling, measuring, and treating using a
variety of hand tools (such as shovels, hammers, drills, etc.)
- Recording the collected data on a computer device (laptop/tablet/phone).
- Travelling to and working in a variety of settings, from urban to remote, using trucks, 4×4, and side-by-
- Following the guidelines and instructions from your supervisors and/or managers.
- Identify safety hazards and work safely at all times.
- Be in good physical shape and work outdoors; able to walk/hike several kilometers per day possibly in
rough terrain, hand dig large holes in a variety of substrates (including very rough/rocky terrain).
- Be able to follow all safety, environmental, work quality, and production protocols.
- Be capable of working away from home for extended periods and possibly working alone.
- Use and understand a laptop (or handheld) computer.
- Read, follow, understand, and navigate with maps.
effigis.com ISO 9001: 2015 certified
- Use hand tools (such as a hammer and shovel) and small power tools (such as a drill) safely.
- As driving a company vehicle is a requirement of the job, a minimum of a class 5 Drivers License and
driver’s abstract will be requested.
Job Type: Seasonal
Salary: $19.00 per hour
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
About Effigis Geo-Solutions
Effigis Geo-Solutions (Effigis), a leader in the Canadian geospatial industry, employs more than 200 people. We specialize in large infrastructure inventories, geospatial databases, and aerial and underground network inspection. Effigis multidisciplinary personnel are primarily made up of GIS specialists, IT specialists, engineers, professional land surveyors, geographers, cartographers, geologists, powerline specialists and project managers. We have offices in Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto and Kimberley, BC.