- Salary: To be discussed
- Work Hours: Full time
- Employment Duration: Permanent
- Date Published: September 30, 2019
- Location: In Canada or in the US
Known for its leadership in the field of GIS, Effigis has been offering innovative geospatial data-driven solutions since 1991 in Earth observation services, infrastructure inventory, telecommunications network monitoring, GNSS software, and geological studies. We offer our customers a one-stop shop for all their geoformation needs.
We serve numerous markets, including telecommunications, energy, aerospace, mining, oil and gas, engineering, forestry, and agriculture. We draw from a vast selection of geospatial data collection tools to provide services ranging from satellite image analysis to the development of custom solutions supporting mapping, monitoring, and asset management.
We are also a first-rate employer and we focus on employee development and well-being. The company is supported by a multidisciplinary team of over 170 professionals and technicians, whose talent and passion are key to our success.
Your challenge will be to provide precision agriculture services and contribute to the development of FieldApex by drawing on your hands-on experience. FieldApex is a web and mobile application for fertilization management that uses advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence, massive data and satellite imagery. In your capacity of Senior Specialist, Precision Agriculture, your challenges will be as follows:
- Set up methodologies for interpreting soil data (such as sampling, SoilOptix, Veris, imagery, LaserAg);
- Ensure overall data management for the delivery of agronomic services in precision agriculture;
- Develop data integration and analysis approaches that can be automated by the FieldApex team either as web and mobile applications or as routines to be integrated with external specialized software;
- Contribute to the implementation of innovative methodologies for creating management zones using historical satellite imagery;
- Create variable rate application maps;
- Develop and deliver precision agriculture services, in partnership with retailers, equipment dealers and other precision agriculture consultants, to effectively serve their customers;
- Establish research and development protocols in precision agriculture and ensure monitoring;
- Offer technical support.
- At least five years of experience in precision farming or demonstration of extraordinary skills and qualifications;
- At least three years of field experience (such as corn, soybeans, wheat, canola);
- Experience in vegetable production (an asset).
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture or equivalent;
- Master's degree in agriculture or in geomatics (an important asset).
- Attentive to customer needs;
- Self-starter (demonstrated successes as intrapreneur or entrepreneur);
- Firm advocate of task automation;
- Deep commitment to quality;
- Unassuming but assertive;
- Prompt to ask questions and report one's own mistakes;
- High level experience with precision agriculture software (such as Trimble, SMS, ArcGis, QGIS);
- Expertise in precision agriculture recognized by peers;
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA), Agronomist (Agr.), Engineer (Eng.) title or equivalent (an important asset);
- Drone pilot certificate (an asset);
- English and French speaker a major asset.
- Work-family balance with flexible hours;
- Group insurance (life, salary, health care and dental);
- Partial reimbursement of physical activity classes;
- Paid leave in the Holiday Season;
- Coffee bar;
- Dynamic, professional team;
- Easy access to public transportation (Préfontaine metro station, bus line 25 for the Montreal office);
- On site: fitness centre, sports fields, restaurants, spa and many other services (for the Montreal office).