To make geospatial data accessible in order to support decision-making in a sound and sustainable socio-economic development context.
This project was carried out in partnership with Fujitsu Canada and funded by Natural Resources Canada. It caps off the efforts of the Canadian government, which, since 2009, has been involved in developing and implementing the National Geomatics Plan in Senegal. Thus, Effigis has been mandated to set up a standardized geospatial data distribution and management system to make these data more accessible to the Senegalese population.
- the use of international standards that are recognized and adapted to the reality of Senegal to harmonize the different data collections and facilitate their use by the largest number of users
- state-of-the-art technologies, such as ArcGIS from ESRI, Geomatica image processing software from PCI, the PostGIS spatial database management system, Python programming language and ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) FME software from Safe Software
- the development of automated quality control and validation methods
- Canadian support project for the National Geomatics Plan in Senegal
- Standardization of mapping data using international standards
- Production of the priority geospatial database
- Web broadcast to have public access to the data
- Training of Senegalese specialists and technological transfer